April is the perfect time to prepare your yard for the hot months coming ahead! Aerating is key. This will allow water to penetrate deeper into the soil and reduce the need to water during the dryer months ahead. A very easy way to accomplish this is to use a garden fork and punch holes over the surface of your lawn. By loosening the soil you are allowing for better flow of oxygen, water, and nutrients to the root system.
Earth Day is coming April 22nd! Some easy ways to celebrate Earth Day and help make a difference for our planet:
- Plant a tree
- Make nature crafts (bird houses)
- Avoid getting gas and ride your bike!
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
- Pick up litter
- Try cooking an organic meal!
- Reduce electricity, and get outside
- The possibilities are endless, get creative and make a difference.
Arbor Day! April 29th!
Plant a tree today for all of the world to share.